Saturday, April 01, 2006

Prime Time

Talk is so cheap! I used to get really angry that no one comes to see my wife. Now, I'm just sad about the whole thing. I'm understanding that it really does cost to become involved in someone's life. It mainly costs time. And not just any time. A sick person knows when they are getting the leftovers of someone's time. No, a sick or dying person needs prime time. Real prime time, not the Deon Sanders prime time - you know, all slick and glittery with no substance; all talk - no listening.

I have a friend who helped start a bible church. Lately, it's made me sad when I call him for lunch and he tells me he has a church meeting - his prime time slot is full. Oh, it's for a good cause. Ministry, he says. Oh, really?

Maybe I'm being too hard on my friend and others. Hey, they tell me they're praying for us. I just don't remember reading where Jesus ever told anyone he would give them a rain check, or to make an appointment, because he was doing ministry and was too busy for them.

"This is how we know him (God): Whovever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."
I John 2: 5(b)-6 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home